Monday, August 3, 2009

Forgotten Verse

Jane Taylor and her sister Ann,
produced many of our best -loved nursery rhymes,
including Twinkle, Twinkle little star.

This verse is one of Jane's less well known compositions.
Morning
by Jane Taylor
(1783-1824)
The lark is up to meet the sun,
The bee is on the wing,
The ant her labour has begun,
The woods with music ring.
Shall birds and bees and ants be wise,
While I, my moments waste?
Oh, let me with the morning rise,
And to my duties haste.
Why should I sleep till beams of morn,
Their light and glory shed?
Immortal beings were not born,
To waste their time in bed.
This one is for the early rises, I must admit I am not an early riser these days. occasionaly though I love to get up early, before sunrise and paint, it is very inspiring and I usually paint my best at this time!
Enjoy! Lyn.

No comments: