Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year

Wishing all my readers a Happy New Year and hope that 2012 brings you Peace and Goodwill.



Allready the first week of January is behind us, after a lovely Christmas and new year with the family I am just turning my thoughts towards my painting again. My lovely two year old Grandaughter found my painting cupboard and I found much delight in watching her paint, I had bought her some paints for her second birthday late in the year, so painting was not new to her. I started her off with paints, apron and brushes, she did the rest.
Starting with a brush and finishing by using her finger, then her hand.






Original paintings by Zara, Acrylics on cheap watercolour paper, No varnish was used. :)

I had bought a cheap pad of watercolour paper for some practice some time ago thinking it would be good to use, wrong, always buy the best watercolour paper you can afford for your watercolour project, as this one was too thick, not absorbent enough and when wet it became very rough and 'bitty' when painting on.

You can never be too young to start painting! Happy Painting, Lyn.

No comments: