Sunday, July 24, 2011

Past Present and Future

Yesterday I went to view an exhibition at the Fairfield Museum by an Abroginal Artist called Susan Grant, funny because I run a group there each week but do not have much time to get to see the exhibits. When I went into the gallery I relised that the name of the exhibit was called 'Past Present and Future, vey fitting at the moment!
This exhibit is well worth a visit, I was inspired with the depth, colours and presentation of Susan's work.

Two works I like in particular, the first one had the colours that I love, but it was the power of that light and the two helpless figures that captured my attention, It was a while before I could move from this painting, it was called; 'Last Light' two abroginal figures looking out from a cave looking out at a burning red sky, painted with acrylics, sand, plaster and glue. In Susan's words; "this last light would only be now called woodleigh crater in Western Australia known well for its large disaster that would burn the art on the rocks and walls of Australia"

The second was called 'End of Innocence' A lone Abroginal figure standing on a rock looking out to sea, in the distance a fleet of tall ships apearing through the mist....This painting is also breathtaking, so deep and sad at the same time, thought provoking!

Sadly I do not have any photo's for you, to proctect the copyright of the artist.

If you are in the area or just want to see the exhibit it is well worth the effort, in fact it is one of the best I have ever seen at the museum and gallery. Susan's exhibit is showing from the 16th July untill the 14th August, 2011.
Fairfield Museum and Gallery, crn of Oxford Street and The Horsley Drive, Smithfield, NSW 2164

No comments: