Monday, October 13, 2014

Christmas Cards (paper-craft)

With this post you may think I have forgotten about Folk Art, not the case, I have not been so well lately and the thought of getting out all my paints and looking through my wood has been too much.

So I thought about making some Christmas cards. I was buying some calendars to send overseas and found this months Australian Simply Cards in the paper shop, Inside were  BoBunny silver and gold stamp set and paper stack of 24 8 x 8. I really liked the papers so bought the magazine. I do not usually buy magazines and most of the card magazines give away stamps or die's, and as I don't have a cutting machine.



Out of the 24 papers ( 3 were label's and sentiments to cut out) I made 21 cards, it took me a full day so I can't say it was less expensive but fun, Yes!

I used ready to fold cards and envelopes from www.craftonline.com - papers and stamps from BoBunny, sticker set (shiny) from Hot Dollar (bought a couple of years ago) gold cord, Stickles from Ranger. double sided craft tape, burgundy and cream coloured card stock from my stash.





I bought a bulk stack of white cards and envelopes from Craft on line at the Stitches and Craft Show, some of the papers would have looked nice on different coloured cards. I really like the clean, crisp look of how I made them, you could  also blush some colour around the edges of the tags and papers, but I chose not to do that on these, mainly because I do not have too many resources. I have not made many cards before and have a small amount of stash just to satisfy my card making day's, which seem to be around Christmas when I want to send something different. Enjoy!




No comments: