Sunday, August 11, 2019

Note Cards


No excuse!


Having no real excuse why I have not been posting for a while,  I have however been encouraged to keep up my painting projects and using acrylics as I have many colours in my stash.

 Belonging to a group called Mountains and Rivers Painting group at Penrith, I love the workshops they provide for us each meeting, each workshop is only $15 for four hours of painting, the ladies are wonderful and we all support each other in many ways.

Mostly now I paint on 5" x 7" cards. They are easy to prepare, paint and complete. I love the freedom of mixed media and the results that they produce. Using acrylics as a base I then cut to size and decorate each piece individually using whatever is in my stock.

Hand painted cards make awesome gifts for someone, saying thank you, for a kind word or gesture's, birthdays or just for fun.

 I have been making these cards for six years now, I made the one below from a stamp called Queen Bee from Pink Ink, UK. They have Awesome stamps and are quite large main stamp with a few smaller ones and a sentiment stamp all in the same set.
The background is made by using acrylic paint on watercolour paper. Dry well before stamping, the bee is then hand painted using acrylics.

Bee Awesome.


These cards I made for my workshop.

No comments: