Monday, November 18, 2013

Tis the season, well not quite...........

Tis the season to be gathering all those un-finished, un-painted Christmas projects ready to put on display in a couple of weeks time.

Among my little treasures I found some cut out Santa,s on of my students cut out for the class a long time ago. They are rocking santa's, that is they stand up and if you pull them to one side, gently, they will rock from side to side for a few moves, without falling over.

I painted 7 of these little fella's, all in red, it was not until I had finished that I thought i could have painted some of these in brighter colours, they look good all the same. if you are interested they are for sale on my Made it store or Etsy store, links to both sites are on the right hand side of this post.

As we do not have the resources to have more of these little Santa cut out, these are the last I have.

The original Design is from; an American book called; Country Lovin, warm 'N Cozy, by Pat McClure. It  was published in 1990, by Viking Folk Art.



Me pulling  Santa to one side ready to make him rock.
This one is the small size, there are two larger one's.
A close up of one of the faces.



No comments: