Sunday, April 14, 2013

Inktence Pencils.

More of my bookmarks, these are very easy to make and very relaxing. I drew the first designs on some paper , I found them easy to draw so instead of transferring them onto the bookmarks I drew the design straight onto the card stock using the outliner provided  in the set. The card stock I purchased ready cut out from www.creativecrafts.com.au

They would work on any card stock. Start with the daisy, they are very easy.

Next I used Derwent Inktence pencils. I had bought them ages ago at a craft show and have not used them until now, my intention being that they would be good to carry while on holiday and I could use them to make colour sketches, this of course never happened, but now I know how to use them I quite enjoy the light change and freedom they give you. The pencils would be good for smash books and journals. you can also buy them in stick form, like the pastels.

Method;
First I sprayed the cards with ink, red and purple, wait a few Minuit's and glue the cards together, this gives you added strength for bookmarks. When dry, draw or trace the design onto the card stock.

Then I started to colour in the flowers with the Inktence colour pencil, now with a small watercolour paintbrush, dip this in water and start to paint one area at a time. The water will blend the colour making it a more intense colour. It dries in a few seconds, once dry you can add more pencil and repeat with the water. I have found more information on the net and the following guidelines gives you more idea of how they work. you can also find out more about them on YouTube. Go onto YouTube and type in Inktence pencils.

The outliner will rub out with an eraser. It is also waterproof.
use two or more colour pencils dry to your work, when a small amount of water is used you can blend together these colours.
If you draw onto a wet area with your inktence pencil it will stay there, you will not be able to blend together.
If you want to blend colours or darken colours, say on one petal, add the paler colour first, add water, dry then add the deeper colour, add water to deepen.
Hope this makes sense?
Happy Painting. Lyn.

To explain this try reading this;
http://robertsloan2.hubpages.com/hub/Secrets-for-Using-Derwent-Inktense-Colored-Pencils

No comments: