Tuesday, February 17, 2015

2015. Painting my book.

Painting the outside cover of the book made from Christmas cards. The card I used for my cover had an embossed heart on the front.
 
Open the book flat, so that the front and back of the cover can be painted at the same time. Place some scrap paper under both sides of the page to protect the rest of the pages from paint. I chose to use Matisse flow in Aqua green light and wash this colour over the embossed heart. Then I painted the rest of the cover with Cerulean blue, one coat. I let this dry and it looked washy.
 
Next I took a baby wipe picked up some of the cerulean blue and patted the colour onto the cover, I added some of the Aqua green light in the same way, by patting and slightly twisting the wipe it covered well and gave an interesting pattern.
 
 
 
 
A close up of the page, the paint was still wet when I took this photo. 
A close up of the heart, you can just see the embossing on the heart.
 
Next I painted a thin line around the heart using Jo Sonja Silver with a no 2 round brush. Then taking a large soft brush I made some of the silver paint very watery, holding this over the cover I tapped a pencil onto the brush to make it splatter all over the page.
 
 
 
Let this dry flat. you could also use an old tooth brush and your fingers, this will give a finer splatter.
Below are two close up photo's. When these are dry I will continue with the decoration on the cover.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: