Friday, February 20, 2015

Adding colour to the pages. Used cards 2015.

Painting two of the inside card surface. I left the inside of the front cover and worked on the next two pages.
 
I took some of the Matisse Flow, in Cerulean Blue and Aqua green light on the left page, I did not use much water just enough to dampen my brush. I then used a baby wipe and pounced some more of these two colours to blend.
 
The right hand said page I used Matisse Flow, in  Cadmin Orange Deep and Iso Yellow, again blending with a baby wipe to blend and add interest to the page.
 
Adding Interest to the background;
 
Next I placed my stencil onto the background and holding it with my left hand I used a baby wipe to pull out some of the colour, do this gently as too much you will show the white gesso underneath, which is not quite what I was after. It is okay if you like to see the white, it is your painting.
 
Here you see how light I was with the baby wipe,
the background was almost dry when I did this part.
 
This part was wiped out while the paint was just touch dry,
see how deeper the colour has moved, almost white.
 
 
 
Of course either one is okay, it is simply a matter of choice. You may also use any stencil you like, this one I have had a long time and not sure where I got it from.
 
 
 
I am going to paint all my pages with Matisse Flow and maybe some stencil techniques before I start painting the designs on the page's. Remember to use colours that match or complement the colour pallet you choose. I will show my pages again when I have painted them all. 

No comments: