Tuesday, April 27, 2010

At last a bag that works for all your painting stuff!

At last I have found a bag that is great for all your artist needs!

This pattern is available from Blue Willow Designs, 630 Duncans Road, Wirribee South 3030. Phone (03) 9742 1905,  Patern cost $14. I bought mine from a craft show. I was a bit disapointed with the pattern as it only has 3 sheets of paper with some drawings, and a dark photo. (the one on display at the show was really nice) It does not tell you that you need extra binding for the outside when cutting out. Still I have not sewn for over ten years and had to really read and follow the pattern with care. The end product?  well see for yourself.



It has outside pockets on all 4 sides, with three compartments on the inside. the pattern has a zipped middle, I just left out the zip.  I also made a pencil holder with left over fabric and a velcro strip to close, this I  attatched to the side pocket with a loop and ring.
It is deep enough to hold an A4 size pattern, has long handles to throw over your sholders, light weight and room for all the things you take into painting class.

The only changes I made to the pattern was making the outside pockets and handles the same material. I used 50cm (1/2 meter) of fabric for all 4 pockets and the handles. The rest was made from matching orange fabric with a yellow lining.

Have fun! Lyn.




No comments: