Sunday, March 28, 2010

Scrapbooking!




Not realy painting, more like scrapbooking!

I bought both these books last year at one of the shows, with the intention of painting them ready for photo's of our grand-daughter, since she was born in late 2009.

After painting all the MDF pages in Pink, 16 sides in all, I decided to scrapbook the rest before her 1st birthday came along!


I have made two Heritage scrapbooks for my daughter and family, one from my side and one from my hubby's side. A step in time really for the grand children, but other than that I am not really into scrapbooking.

The photo on the front was printed in colour onto normal white photo-copy paper. Dry well. cut out the area you need, cover the area on the wood with All purpose sealer, place the print onto the painted wood. use a soft  brush to apply some all purpose sealer gently over the print, gently moveing the air out from under the print. the print will stretch so be very carefull. Do not use too much sealer as the print colour may run.

You may use this techique on a vynal photo album and paint around the photo, just paint the album with All Purpose sealer and dry well at least a day, before traceing on the pattern and painting.




No comments: