Friday, March 25, 2011

Large Canvas

 Here I was looking through and sorting my photo's (have just updated) and I came across these lovely paintings by my various students, so I thought I would share. These Roses are painted on very large canvas using Jo Sonja paints. The designs are in the Folk Art and Decorative Painting books. (now called Fine Art and Decorative Painting).


The two on the right were painted by two different students, note that the leaves are not painted the same.


These huge works of art are first painted by blocking in the rose with one colour and then applying various shades of the same colour for the shadows and highlights. It all works well and is best viewed from a distance.

 Red roses were painted by two students, the bottom one is the largest of all. Both from the same pattern, the top red rose looks like an older rose ready to fall, while the red rose below looks quite fresh and the petals look like velvet.


Posted by PicasaLadies and Gents, Have Fun, Learn to Paint! Lyn.

No comments: