Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Crochet and Painting

Hear we are nearly in July, hard to belive it is a month since we came back from convention! Time has passed quickly, I have had yet another virus, not so good and with having chronic fatigue syndrome it lasts longer and very hard to get rid of. Still had plenty of rest and many ideas for painting, all I have to do now is find the energy to catch up on my painting.

Just before convention I spent some evenings crocheting fingerless gloves and scarfs. My fingerless gloves are great for cold days while working with your fingers free.  My scarfs are not the usual long scarfs that you find everywhere, but short fancy scarfs that are warm and soft to wear and at the same time are not as bulky as normal scarfs.

My scarfs are my own design,  I look at the wool, how much yarn I have bought and decide how I am going to crochet it. I never crochet two pieces alike. The flower clasp is also of my design and will fit any scarf. I use new wool in every project. Please do not copy my designs, if you email me I will gladly send you the pattern for any one.

 This Aqua scarf is long enough to wrap around the neck and fasten with a little flower clasp. keeps the neck warm while still being fashionable. Made from 100% wool.
This Blue/purple scarf is crochet in 100% wool too, Longer and wider  than the one above, worn over the lower necklines of today it will keep you warmer while still being soft and lightweight to wear.


Another style, this cerise colour scarf is shown doubled over. It can be worn like this or opened out for a wider scarf, it also has a flower clasp to keep it in the postion. Also made from 100% wool, soft and warm to wear.





As winter slowly comes to an end I have to put away my crochet hooks and back to my painting again, it has been some months since I have painted, the longest I have not had a paint brush in my hand.

The next few weeks I will be back with more painting as I prepare a few projects for the Mountains and Rivers 'No Frills' weekend away in October. Only one project will be chosen. I have been asked to teach a class at this weekend away, while this being scary and excited at the same time I have a few ideas to put onto canvas ready for this event!

So look out for more painting news soon, thankyou for reading my blog, seems that people from all over the world are reading this, it is quite popular, who would have thought that. I would love to hear from some of you, or even as a follower, I promise that I will not send 'spam' your way, I am just interested in my readers, Thanks! Lyn.


No comments: