Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Collage page, mixed media.

To get my creative flow going again I have been participating a life documentation group, it is a mixed media (closed) group with art prompts either weekly or monthly. I decided to do a monthly challenge as that would allow me to be more creative in my folk art, well this is what I planned. Just because I am new to this I found myself checking out the weekly prompts, now I am hooked, well for the moment, it is helping overcome a dry spell in my painting although this challenge is not painting I am finding it helps, with having ME I have to watch my energy levels, painting and now mixed media is a beautiful way to sit down and as long as I have everything around me I can sit and play a couple of hours.

This weeks challenge was to collage a page, Be Fearless, use bright colours and add an envelope. I know that I had plenty of colourful paper on hand and the bright colours fitted me well. So hear goes!



I started with some black card from the newsagents, cut it into 8" x 16", folded it into two.


 I had an old pearl envelope that had the flap cut off, so I stuck that to the page leaving the right side in glued to make a pocket.

I have a box of scrap left over from my card making, these are all hand painted. I played around with the layout and colours a little before gluing them down. I ended up not using them all. I used a tag I had made a while ago and was not sure what to do with it, I think it goes well with the page.

Playing around with some scraps.


Decided to use this tag instead of cutting up the yellow piece as it had some texture I did not want to cut or cover up. The tag also has texture with a little glitter.








The finished page, I added some multi coloured dots I picked up from a dollar shop, some Nuvo drops in pearl, I love these they are easy to apply direct to the page, do not take long to dry, most of all they form a lovely domed dot. The yellow flower tag I also had in my stash I wrote a quote on the back using a white Signo pen, this fits inside the pocket made with the pearl envelope.

Till next time take Care, Lyn.















No comments: