Saturday, May 20, 2017

Colour sample challenge.


Following with the life documented Challenge 2017, week 18, Make a colour sample of your favourite colour set and use a stamp.


On some watercolour paper I first stamped this flower stamp using Staz-on ink, then using my  Derwent fine art watercolour pencils I made a colour chart, writing down the colour and number of each pencil before moving onto the next colour. Later I made this page into a small watercolour booklet by giving it a cover and adding more pages, 12 pages in all. Now I can use it as a guide with my watercolour pencils. I intend to use this booklet for my more delicate watercolour work as I like the white background and delicate colours of these pencils. The dragonfly I painted with the same watercolour pencils using a small filbert brush direct onto the end of the pencil.


No comments: