Monday, July 14, 2008

Painting with mixed media


One workshop I attended in July at the Mountains & Rivers Folk Art group was a mixed media painting.
This was my first painting using mixed media, the painting was first very rough sketched with a sponge brush & watered down paint, we then painted the vase & roughly painted in the flowers using a sponge brush & interactive paints.
Then the background was painted and fine tuning of the vase & flowers. We then added charcoal and pastels to finish the project.
All this took just over two hours!
Every one's painting looked different, no two were alike.
A very restful afternoon, well it was supposed to be restful! We had fun with this very relaxed style of painting, very different from Folk Art.
Many times I have been told that my painting is too 'neat' I had a difficult time painting this subject at first, but soon settled down to a more relaxed way of painting.

No comments: