Saturday, October 13, 2012

Have been busy..........

Hi all, it is a long time since I posted something on my blog, well this nasty flu bug is still giving me problems, still on the sprays, like so many other people that I have spoken to, and with the CFS/ME it just brings on the symptoms of Fatigue. Rest, rest and more rest.

I have not done much painting for the last few months, however, I have finished off the painting I did with Christine Whipper, it still has to have some varnish and a hanger on it, looking good! I have to take a photo of it in the next couple of days to show you.

Also from a couple of years ago I bought a Advent Calender kit, it has sat in the spare room for all this time, now my grandchildren are growing up I have started to decorate it with papers left over from my scrap booking days. I must say it was a lot easier cutting and gluing the papers than painting all those pieces, as well as the problems of painting them only to find that the craft wood has swelled when painted so lots of sanding would have been needed.
The craft wood covered quite smoothly with the paper, it looks good too. When it is completely finished I will post the photo and how I covered it. Worth the effort for my Grandchildren and I enjoyed the process, just that it took so long as everything was flat packed, and no real instructions! Not something I would do again in a hurry.

I have also been helping a friend paint two very heavy (but sturdy) old posters she has in her kitchen. They are looking good with a fresh coat of paint and a different look, we spent a few hours yesterday working on one of them with much improvement. Too big and heavy to bring to class so we are painting them on site.
Be back soon with photo's of all projects, Lyn.

No comments: